With so many products on the market and the endless stream of targeted ads, as a new parent, it’s hard to know what you need and what you can trust to make your life with the little one that bit easier.
We polled our online community and asked them what was the one item they – or their newborn – couldn’t live without.
Here’s a list of the top ten most suggested items (in no particular order):
- Nappy bags and bin
- Breast pump (top two recommended were Haakaa and Elvie)
- Baby carrier (Ergo was the most recommended)
- Muslins (multi-purpose for dribble, sick, swathing, you name it!)
- Baby bath seat
- Baby bouncer
- Sleep pod (Sleepyhead was the most recommended)
- Nipple balm (top recommendation was Weleda)
- Stroller that’s also a car seat (Doona came recommended)
- Baby monitor